Himachal judge Deepak Gupta elevated as Tripura Chief Justice
Shimla: Justice Deepak Gupta of the Himachal Pradesh High Court has been elevated as the first Chief Justice of the newly established Tripura High Court, a statement said here Monday.
He is the first judge from the state to have been directly appointed chief justice of another state, the high court statement said.
During his stint as the judge of the High Court, Justice Gupta delivered many judgments, most of them on environment and ecology while heading the green bench.
In a landmark judgment, the bench headed by him last year imposed a penalty of Rs.100 crore on Jaiprakash Associates Ltd for violation of environmental laws for setting up a cement plant in Solan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam