Himachal judge Deepak Gupta elevated as Tripura Chief Justice
Shimla: Justice Deepak Gupta of the Himachal Pradesh High Court has been elevated as the first Chief Justice of the newly established Tripura High Court, a statement said here Monday.
He is the first judge from the state to have been directly appointed chief justice of another state, the high court statement said.
During his stint as the judge of the High Court, Justice Gupta delivered many judgments, most of them on environment and ecology while heading the green bench.
In a landmark judgment, the bench headed by him last year imposed a penalty of Rs.100 crore on Jaiprakash Associates Ltd for violation of environmental laws for setting up a cement plant in Solan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read