KSO calls off economic blockade in Manipur
Imphal: Kuki Students Organisation (KSO) on Wednesday said it has called off the indefinite economic blockade on national highways in Manipur following a meeting with Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh.
The blockade was to press for filling up of the quota reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates in the state police department. It was to start from midnight yesterday, KSO sources said.
Singh, during the meeting yesterday, had given assurance that the government would initiate the required process, after which the decision by the students body was taken, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling