Man arrested, explosives, fake currency seized
Rangia: Two grenades and as many detonators along with some fake currency notes were seized from a person on the Indo-Bhutan international road in lower Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district, police said.
The explosives were seized during a routine checking by the troops of the 9 Punjab Regiment at Balagaon yesterday.
The fake currency with a face value of Rs 30,000 was also recovered from the person, identified as Saijal Sheikh of Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district, defence sources said today.
Sheikh has been handed over to police here for further action, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal