Man arrested, explosives, fake currency seized
Rangia: Two grenades and as many detonators along with some fake currency notes were seized from a person on the Indo-Bhutan international road in lower Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district, police said.
The explosives were seized during a routine checking by the troops of the 9 Punjab Regiment at Balagaon yesterday.
The fake currency with a face value of Rs 30,000 was also recovered from the person, identified as Saijal Sheikh of Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district, defence sources said today.
Sheikh has been handed over to police here for further action, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall