Man arrested, explosives, fake currency seized
Rangia: Two grenades and as many detonators along with some fake currency notes were seized from a person on the Indo-Bhutan international road in lower Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district, police said.
The explosives were seized during a routine checking by the troops of the 9 Punjab Regiment at Balagaon yesterday.
The fake currency with a face value of Rs 30,000 was also recovered from the person, identified as Saijal Sheikh of Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district, defence sources said today.
Sheikh has been handed over to police here for further action, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez