Man arrested, explosives, fake currency seized
Rangia: Two grenades and as many detonators along with some fake currency notes were seized from a person on the Indo-Bhutan international road in lower Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district, police said.
The explosives were seized during a routine checking by the troops of the 9 Punjab Regiment at Balagaon yesterday.
The fake currency with a face value of Rs 30,000 was also recovered from the person, identified as Saijal Sheikh of Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district, defence sources said today.
Sheikh has been handed over to police here for further action, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption