Manipur People`s Party gets new president
Imphal: Laishram Jatra Singh, the most senior vice-president of Manipur People`s Party (MPP), the oldest regional political party in the state, has been appointed the new president of the party during an executive meeting late last night, party sources said today.
The appointment of Singh followed the resignation of the present incumbent Sanasam Umananda on health grounds, sources said.
They said Singh would be the president for six months from December 4 till election of the party president in party`s general body meeting during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt