Manipur People`s Party gets new president
Imphal: Laishram Jatra Singh, the most senior vice-president of Manipur People`s Party (MPP), the oldest regional political party in the state, has been appointed the new president of the party during an executive meeting late last night, party sources said today.
The appointment of Singh followed the resignation of the present incumbent Sanasam Umananda on health grounds, sources said.
They said Singh would be the president for six months from December 4 till election of the party president in party`s general body meeting during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow
- Congress to raise Kandhamal killings in Parliament