Naga student body concern on electoral rolls
Kohima: The Naga Students Federation (NSF) has cautioned authorities about illegal migrants during the exercise on correction of electoral rolls.
The apex student body has urged the Election Department and Government of Nagaland against issuing of Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) to the illegal immigrants in the recent exercise of certification of de-publication and error correction of Electoral Rolls for Summary Revision 2014.
NSF president Tongpang Ozukum and general secretary Esther Rhakho in a statement today said that at this juncture when Nagas are realizing that the presence of illegal migrants is a threat to the very social fabric of the Naga society, we cannot afford to legalize their identity by issuing the EPIC which will surely become a valid document in the near future.
The NSF also pointed that it is well known to everyone that the indigenous people in Tripura have been marginalized by the outsiders and have become minority in their own ancestral land.
Are we Nagas going to remain a mute spectator when we can see what is happening or are we going to act to save our future If we remain a silent spectator today then our future generation will regret the unfolding of the annihilation during our life time, the NSF said.
The Federation appealed to the concern department, district administration and all officials involved in such certification and detection of illegal voters to exercise their authority.
The Federation also warned that Naga future generation will question the treacherous act of any individual, group or organization who tries to protect the illegal migrants for their selfish interest and benefit at the cost of our future generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!