NPCC demands removal of Nagaland minister
Kohima: The Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) on Wednesday demanded sacking of Minister for Health and Family Welfare Imkong L Imchen of Nagaland People`s front as he had been charge sheeted for his alleged criminal conduct in the last assembly elections.
"Congress strongly demands the removal of Imkong L Imchen from the Council of Ministers since he has already been charge sheeted by Wokha police for his criminal conduct during the recently concluded state assembly elections," NPCC chief SI Jamir told reporters here.
Imchen’s continuance in the cabinet has become untenable until he is proved innocent in the court of law, he said after submitting representations to Governor Ashwani Kumar and Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio here.
If the minister is not removed within the next fortnight,Opposition NPCC will launch agitation and boycott the 50th anniversary celebration of statehood, he said.
Police had filed the charge sheet against Imchen in the district court on November 4 nearly nine months after his arrest on February 18 with cash Rs 1.10 crore, arms,ammunition and liquor at Wokha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea