NPCC demands removal of Nagaland minister
Kohima: The Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) on Wednesday demanded sacking of Minister for Health and Family Welfare Imkong L Imchen of Nagaland People`s front as he had been charge sheeted for his alleged criminal conduct in the last assembly elections.
"Congress strongly demands the removal of Imkong L Imchen from the Council of Ministers since he has already been charge sheeted by Wokha police for his criminal conduct during the recently concluded state assembly elections," NPCC chief SI Jamir told reporters here.
Imchen’s continuance in the cabinet has become untenable until he is proved innocent in the court of law, he said after submitting representations to Governor Ashwani Kumar and Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio here.
If the minister is not removed within the next fortnight,Opposition NPCC will launch agitation and boycott the 50th anniversary celebration of statehood, he said.
Police had filed the charge sheet against Imchen in the district court on November 4 nearly nine months after his arrest on February 18 with cash Rs 1.10 crore, arms,ammunition and liquor at Wokha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations