NPCC demands removal of Nagaland minister
Kohima: The Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) on Wednesday demanded sacking of Minister for Health and Family Welfare Imkong L Imchen of Nagaland People`s front as he had been charge sheeted for his alleged criminal conduct in the last assembly elections.
"Congress strongly demands the removal of Imkong L Imchen from the Council of Ministers since he has already been charge sheeted by Wokha police for his criminal conduct during the recently concluded state assembly elections," NPCC chief SI Jamir told reporters here.
Imchen’s continuance in the cabinet has become untenable until he is proved innocent in the court of law, he said after submitting representations to Governor Ashwani Kumar and Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio here.
If the minister is not removed within the next fortnight,Opposition NPCC will launch agitation and boycott the 50th anniversary celebration of statehood, he said.
Police had filed the charge sheet against Imchen in the district court on November 4 nearly nine months after his arrest on February 18 with cash Rs 1.10 crore, arms,ammunition and liquor at Wokha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire