NPF hopeful about Narendra Modi resolving Naga political issue
Kohima: The ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF) has expressed hope that the Narendra Modi government would solve the Naga political issue without further delay.
Adopting a six-point resolution during a consultative meet of NPF Central office bearers, frontal organisations, cells, divisions and assembly constituencies units president held here yesterday, the party resolved to extend "whole-hearted" support to the DAN-III government under the leadership of TR Zeliang.
NPF also lauded the party President for the smooth transition of power in the state following the relinquishment of the office of Chief Minister by Neiphiu Rio, who has been elected as MP in the Lok Sabha.
The party also asked the state government to formulate a comprehensive programme to combat the drought-like situation in the state as indicated by various agencies.
The meeting also decried the bomb blast, damage caused to NPF division office building and also the burning of NPF president`s effigy in Mokokchung.
Describing the recent activities of Nagaland Foot Hill Coordination Committee as breaching the domain of state`s executives and machineries, NPF said a pressure group dictating the government with "self-defined terms and conditions would only complicate the objectives".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death