P Chidambaram criticises LF govt in Tripura
Kamalpur (Tripura): Union Minister for Finance P Chidambaram on tuesday criticised the Left Front government for its alleged failure to improve the standard of life despite fund flow from the centre.
"We (Centre) have dispatched adequate funds to the state. The Left Front government has completed four consecutive terms in the elections but failed to improve the standard of life in the state", he told an election rally here.
Tripura is one of the poorest states in the country where 67% of the people live below poverty line.
He assured that the Congress manifesto would be implemented in letter and spirit in the state if it is voted to power and unemployment problem would be `properly addressed`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3