P Chidambaram criticises LF govt in Tripura
Kamalpur (Tripura): Union Minister for Finance P Chidambaram on tuesday criticised the Left Front government for its alleged failure to improve the standard of life despite fund flow from the centre.
"We (Centre) have dispatched adequate funds to the state. The Left Front government has completed four consecutive terms in the elections but failed to improve the standard of life in the state", he told an election rally here.
Tripura is one of the poorest states in the country where 67% of the people live below poverty line.
He assured that the Congress manifesto would be implemented in letter and spirit in the state if it is voted to power and unemployment problem would be `properly addressed`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Pakistan a dependable ally, says British PM Theresa May
- Yes Bank gets Sebi nod for mutual fund, AMC business
- Canara Bank gets shareholders nod to raise up to Rs 2,000 cr