P Chidambaram criticises LF govt in Tripura
Kamalpur (Tripura): Union Minister for Finance P Chidambaram on tuesday criticised the Left Front government for its alleged failure to improve the standard of life despite fund flow from the centre.
"We (Centre) have dispatched adequate funds to the state. The Left Front government has completed four consecutive terms in the elections but failed to improve the standard of life in the state", he told an election rally here.
Tripura is one of the poorest states in the country where 67% of the people live below poverty line.
He assured that the Congress manifesto would be implemented in letter and spirit in the state if it is voted to power and unemployment problem would be `properly addressed`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming