Pakyong Airport affected people demand rehabilitation
Gangtok: The Pakyong Airport Affected Family Committee on Tuesday requested the administration to undertake the rehabilitation process earnestly and provide compensation to the 165 families affected by the ongoing construction of the Pakyong Greenfield Airport.
"We would like to request the district administration to work on the rehabilitation and compensation process which is yet to be done even though the damage assessment work has been completed by the authorities concerned," Coordinator of the Committee Basant Gurung told reporters here.
Assessment process of the 153 damaged houses had been completed, but work remained stopped for the past seven to eight months and living in damaged houses had become very precarious, he said.
The most affected locations are Dickling-Karthok, Bhanu Turning, Pushpanjali and Danlakha School area where houses suffered major damages, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?