Pakyong Airport affected people demand rehabilitation
Gangtok: The Pakyong Airport Affected Family Committee on Tuesday requested the administration to undertake the rehabilitation process earnestly and provide compensation to the 165 families affected by the ongoing construction of the Pakyong Greenfield Airport.
"We would like to request the district administration to work on the rehabilitation and compensation process which is yet to be done even though the damage assessment work has been completed by the authorities concerned," Coordinator of the Committee Basant Gurung told reporters here.
Assessment process of the 153 damaged houses had been completed, but work remained stopped for the past seven to eight months and living in damaged houses had become very precarious, he said.
The most affected locations are Dickling-Karthok, Bhanu Turning, Pushpanjali and Danlakha School area where houses suffered major damages, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone