Pakyong Airport affected people demand rehabilitation
Gangtok: The Pakyong Airport Affected Family Committee on Tuesday requested the administration to undertake the rehabilitation process earnestly and provide compensation to the 165 families affected by the ongoing construction of the Pakyong Greenfield Airport.
"We would like to request the district administration to work on the rehabilitation and compensation process which is yet to be done even though the damage assessment work has been completed by the authorities concerned," Coordinator of the Committee Basant Gurung told reporters here.
Assessment process of the 153 damaged houses had been completed, but work remained stopped for the past seven to eight months and living in damaged houses had become very precarious, he said.
The most affected locations are Dickling-Karthok, Bhanu Turning, Pushpanjali and Danlakha School area where houses suffered major damages, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India