President to inaugurate power project in Tripura
Agartala: President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate a 726 MW gas based thermal power project at Palatana, biggest of its kind in the country, near Udaipur in Gomati district in Tripura during his two-day visit to the state from June 20.
Mukherjee will also address the convocations of Tripura Central University and National Institute of Technology (NIT) and participate in a civic reception at the town hall here, official sources said on Friday.
Security has been tightened in and around Agartala and Udaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place