President to inaugurate power project in Tripura
Agartala: President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate a 726 MW gas based thermal power project at Palatana, biggest of its kind in the country, near Udaipur in Gomati district in Tripura during his two-day visit to the state from June 20.
Mukherjee will also address the convocations of Tripura Central University and National Institute of Technology (NIT) and participate in a civic reception at the town hall here, official sources said on Friday.
Security has been tightened in and around Agartala and Udaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida