President to inaugurate power project in Tripura
Agartala: President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate a 726 MW gas based thermal power project at Palatana, biggest of its kind in the country, near Udaipur in Gomati district in Tripura during his two-day visit to the state from June 20.
Mukherjee will also address the convocations of Tripura Central University and National Institute of Technology (NIT) and participate in a civic reception at the town hall here, official sources said on Friday.
Security has been tightened in and around Agartala and Udaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?