President to visit Assam, Nagaland today
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a three-day visit to Assam and Nagaland from Monday.
During his visit to Northeast, Mukherjee will confer the Asom Ratna Award for 2012 on writer Mamoni Raisom Goswami posthumously and Srimanta Shankardev Award for the year 2008 to actress Sharmila Tagore in Guwahati on May 13, according to a statement.
The President will also attend the closing ceremony of the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Pandu College at Guwahati, and the annual convocation of Assam University at Silchar on May 14.
In Nagaland, the President will attend the third convocation of Nagaland University at Lumami on May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?