President to visit northeastern states
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will visit the northeastern states in April and May, an official statement from Rashtrapati Bhawan said on Saturday.
From April 15 to 17, the president will be visiting Manipur and Sikkim in the first phase of his tour. He will attend the diamond jubilee function of Adimjati Shiksha Ashram at Imphal, Manipur, and lay the foundation stone for the SRM State University at Gangtok, Sikkim.
In the second phase, the president will visit Assam, Nagaland and Tripura from May 13 to 16.
On May 13, he will present the Asom Ratna Award to Mamoni Raisom Goswami (posthumously) and Srimanta Shankardev Award for the year 2008 to Sharmila Tagore.
He will also attend the closing ceremony of the golden jubilee celebrations of the Pandu College at Guwahati, Assam, May 13. The next day, he will address the annual convocation of Assam University at Silchar.
The president will also address the convocations of Nagaland University at Lumami, National Institute of Technology, Agartala, and Tripura University at Suryamaninagar, Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend