Shriniwas Patil is new Sikkim governor
New Delhi: Veteran parliamentarian Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil has been appointed as the new governor of Sikkim.
President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Patil as the new governor of the northeastern state with effect from his taking the new charge, Rashtrapati Bhawan spokesperson Venu Rajamony said.
Patil, a close associate of Union minister Sharad Pawar, has represented Maharashtra`s Satara in the Lok Sabha as an MP.
He is also a former IAS officer and will replace incumbent BP Singh.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!