Tripura official suspended for molesting woman
Agartala: The Tripura government Tuesday suspended a senior official for molesting a junior woman employee at the work place and has begun departmental proceedings against him, an official said here.
"Deputy director of Tripura`s urban development department, S.S.S.B.P. Mishra was suspended for molesting a junior woman employee at the office here on Dec 7. After the victim lodged a complaint with the higher authorities, the government constituted two separate inquiry committees. Considering the reports of these committees and taking the views of the law department, the government took action," an official told reporters.
Separate departmental proceedings would also be launched against the errant official.
The Supreme Court has asked all state and central governments to form committees with a majority of women members to inquire into complaints about any kind of abuse of women employees by their male colleagues.
These committees have to undertake regular campaigns about conducive environment for women workers in the work place, especially in government offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH