Tripura official suspended for molesting woman
Agartala: The Tripura government Tuesday suspended a senior official for molesting a junior woman employee at the work place and has begun departmental proceedings against him, an official said here.
"Deputy director of Tripura`s urban development department, S.S.S.B.P. Mishra was suspended for molesting a junior woman employee at the office here on Dec 7. After the victim lodged a complaint with the higher authorities, the government constituted two separate inquiry committees. Considering the reports of these committees and taking the views of the law department, the government took action," an official told reporters.
Separate departmental proceedings would also be launched against the errant official.
The Supreme Court has asked all state and central governments to form committees with a majority of women members to inquire into complaints about any kind of abuse of women employees by their male colleagues.
These committees have to undertake regular campaigns about conducive environment for women workers in the work place, especially in government offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!