Two militants arrested along with arms in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants belonging to People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) have been arrested along with arms in Imphal east district of Manipur, police said on Monday.
Following reports of movement of some ultras, personnel of 16th Assam Rifles carried out a search operation at Pangei area, about 10 kms north, Sunday during which the two militants identified as Mayanglambam Victoria (40) and Thounaojam Victoria (38) were arrested, sources said.
Sources said acting on a tip-off by the rebels; security personnel seized six grenades, two carbines, one 9mm pistol, six detonators, several rounds of ammunitions of different weapons and some other underground material from a place at Sagolmang area, near Pangei.
The two are being interrogated at nearby Pangei police station, sources said, adding that more than 200 militants of different organisations have so far been arrested this year from the state during various search operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement