Two new ministers to be inducted in Tripura
Agartala: Two new ministers would be inducted and one veteran minister would be dropped from the 12-member ministry headed by Chief Minister Manik Sarkar in Tripura.
Left Front Convener and MP Khagen Das said this decision was taken at the meeting of the Front committee.
The swearing-in-ceremony of the council of ministers would be held at Raj Bhavan on Wednesday.
Information and Higher Education Minister Anil Sarkar, who was elected uninterrupted since Tripura was declared a full-fledged state in 1972, would be dropped from the ministry this time because he would be given the berth the Vice-President of the Planning Commission of the state.
The lone minister from Revolutionary Socialist Party, Joy Gobinda Debroy who contested from Radhakishorpur constituency could not win, so another would be inducted in his place, Das said.
The two ministers getting berth in the ministry are former Deputy Speaker Bhanu Lal Saha and newly-elected Ratan lal Bhowmick.
Das said, the ten other ministers who won the Feb 14 elections would be ministers again and their portfolios are to be more or less same.
The Left Front would field former Speaker Ramendra Debnath for the post of the Speaker and the Chairman of the Tripura Industrial Development Corporation (TIDC), Pabitra Kar for the post of the Deputy Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark