Two new ministers to be inducted in Tripura
Agartala: Two new ministers would be inducted and one veteran minister would be dropped from the 12-member ministry headed by Chief Minister Manik Sarkar in Tripura.
Left Front Convener and MP Khagen Das said this decision was taken at the meeting of the Front committee.
The swearing-in-ceremony of the council of ministers would be held at Raj Bhavan on Wednesday.
Information and Higher Education Minister Anil Sarkar, who was elected uninterrupted since Tripura was declared a full-fledged state in 1972, would be dropped from the ministry this time because he would be given the berth the Vice-President of the Planning Commission of the state.
The lone minister from Revolutionary Socialist Party, Joy Gobinda Debroy who contested from Radhakishorpur constituency could not win, so another would be inducted in his place, Das said.
The two ministers getting berth in the ministry are former Deputy Speaker Bhanu Lal Saha and newly-elected Ratan lal Bhowmick.
Das said, the ten other ministers who won the Feb 14 elections would be ministers again and their portfolios are to be more or less same.
The Left Front would field former Speaker Ramendra Debnath for the post of the Speaker and the Chairman of the Tripura Industrial Development Corporation (TIDC), Pabitra Kar for the post of the Deputy Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!