Two new ministers to be inducted in Tripura
Agartala: Two new ministers would be inducted and one veteran minister would be dropped from the 12-member ministry headed by Chief Minister Manik Sarkar in Tripura.
Left Front Convener and MP Khagen Das said this decision was taken at the meeting of the Front committee.
The swearing-in-ceremony of the council of ministers would be held at Raj Bhavan on Wednesday.
Information and Higher Education Minister Anil Sarkar, who was elected uninterrupted since Tripura was declared a full-fledged state in 1972, would be dropped from the ministry this time because he would be given the berth the Vice-President of the Planning Commission of the state.
The lone minister from Revolutionary Socialist Party, Joy Gobinda Debroy who contested from Radhakishorpur constituency could not win, so another would be inducted in his place, Das said.
The two ministers getting berth in the ministry are former Deputy Speaker Bhanu Lal Saha and newly-elected Ratan lal Bhowmick.
Das said, the ten other ministers who won the Feb 14 elections would be ministers again and their portfolios are to be more or less same.
The Left Front would field former Speaker Ramendra Debnath for the post of the Speaker and the Chairman of the Tripura Industrial Development Corporation (TIDC), Pabitra Kar for the post of the Deputy Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe