Two powerful bombs recovered from hospital complex in Imphal
Imphal: Two powerful bombs were on Saturday recovered from the complex of Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital (RIMS) in Imphal West district of Manipur, official sources said.
The bombs (improvised explosive device), each weighing 2 kgs, were attached to two mobile phones.
They were detected from the garden in front of the radiotherapy complex by gardeners who were cleaning at around 9.30 am.
Police was immediately informed by RIMS authorities, the sources said, adding that the bombs were later defused at a safe place.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident as yet, but unidentified militants have earlier placed bombs at the RIMS complex on different occasions in the past two years, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?