Widow of slain newspaper employee arrested
Agartala: In a curious twist to the probe into the killing of three newspaper employees at the office of a local vernacular on May 19 in Agartala, widow of one of the victims has been arrested.
Tripura Police said they have arrested Niyati Ghosh, wife of slain Balaram Ghosh, driver of the editor of Dainik Ganadoot, who lived in a small quarter inside the newspaper office.
Two motorcycle-borne assailants had barged into the office of Dainik Ganadoot at the Palace Compound and stabbed proof reader Sujit Bhattacharya, 32, driver Balaram Ghosh, 40, and office manager Ranjit Chowdhury, 60.
Police said the decision to arrest the widow was taken as she was giving inconsistent statements. This is the first arrest after the incident.
Police said editor Sushil Chowdhury who lives in the same compound was present in the office during the incident, but claimed he did not see anything.
He was also grilled by police several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!