Widow of slain newspaper employee arrested
Agartala: In a curious twist to the probe into the killing of three newspaper employees at the office of a local vernacular on May 19 in Agartala, widow of one of the victims has been arrested.
Tripura Police said they have arrested Niyati Ghosh, wife of slain Balaram Ghosh, driver of the editor of Dainik Ganadoot, who lived in a small quarter inside the newspaper office.
Two motorcycle-borne assailants had barged into the office of Dainik Ganadoot at the Palace Compound and stabbed proof reader Sujit Bhattacharya, 32, driver Balaram Ghosh, 40, and office manager Ranjit Chowdhury, 60.
Police said the decision to arrest the widow was taken as she was giving inconsistent statements. This is the first arrest after the incident.
Police said editor Sushil Chowdhury who lives in the same compound was present in the office during the incident, but claimed he did not see anything.
He was also grilled by police several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley