YMA Day celebrated in Mizoram
Aizawl: Hundreds of Mizo youths Monday donated blood and helped the needy people as Young Mizo Association (YMA) Day was celebrated all over the state and neighbouring states.
YMA Day has been celebrated on June 15, but it was observed today as the day fell on Sunday.
YMA members in every locality and village undertook their priorities as in some places planting of tree saplings, cleaning their villages, constructing poor people`s houses and distribution of money to poor people and patients in the hospitals were taken up.
YMA was formed on June 15, 1935 by English Christian Missionaries and local leaders as Young Lushai Association (YLA) and the name was changed to YMA in 1947.
It remained the largest social-based organisation of the Mizos.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan