YMA Day celebrated in Mizoram
Aizawl: Hundreds of Mizo youths Monday donated blood and helped the needy people as Young Mizo Association (YMA) Day was celebrated all over the state and neighbouring states.
YMA Day has been celebrated on June 15, but it was observed today as the day fell on Sunday.
YMA members in every locality and village undertook their priorities as in some places planting of tree saplings, cleaning their villages, constructing poor people`s houses and distribution of money to poor people and patients in the hospitals were taken up.
YMA was formed on June 15, 1935 by English Christian Missionaries and local leaders as Young Lushai Association (YLA) and the name was changed to YMA in 1947.
It remained the largest social-based organisation of the Mizos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray