46 students ill after eating school food in Odisha
Rayagada: A total 46 students of a government residential school for tribals in Odisha`s Rayagada district fell ill after consuming food served in the hostel, official sources said on Wednesday.
The students, aged between eight years and 10 years, complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach ache after eating food at the Ashram School hostel at Nehrupanga under Chandrapur block last evening, they said.
They were immediately taken to the community health centre at Chandrapur and some of them were shifted to a hospital at Muniguda for treatment.
Their condition was now stable, the sources said. The food samples have been sent to the district headquarter hospital at Rayagada for examination, Satish Kumar Dalai, head of Chandrapur community health centre, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!