46 students ill after eating school food in Odisha
Rayagada: A total 46 students of a government residential school for tribals in Odisha`s Rayagada district fell ill after consuming food served in the hostel, official sources said on Wednesday.
The students, aged between eight years and 10 years, complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach ache after eating food at the Ashram School hostel at Nehrupanga under Chandrapur block last evening, they said.
They were immediately taken to the community health centre at Chandrapur and some of them were shifted to a hospital at Muniguda for treatment.
Their condition was now stable, the sources said. The food samples have been sent to the district headquarter hospital at Rayagada for examination, Satish Kumar Dalai, head of Chandrapur community health centre, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what