46 students ill after eating school food in Odisha
Rayagada: A total 46 students of a government residential school for tribals in Odisha`s Rayagada district fell ill after consuming food served in the hostel, official sources said on Wednesday.
The students, aged between eight years and 10 years, complained of nausea, vomiting and stomach ache after eating food at the Ashram School hostel at Nehrupanga under Chandrapur block last evening, they said.
They were immediately taken to the community health centre at Chandrapur and some of them were shifted to a hospital at Muniguda for treatment.
Their condition was now stable, the sources said. The food samples have been sent to the district headquarter hospital at Rayagada for examination, Satish Kumar Dalai, head of Chandrapur community health centre, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information