AIDWA opposes direct cash transfer in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): All India Democratic Women?s Association (AIDWA) has strongly opposed the direct cash transfer (DCT) scheme saying it was aimed at reducing subsidies.
The scheme is only aimed at cutting the subsidies provided in different commodities gradually,”” AIDWA general secretary Sudha Sundar Raman said while addressing a conference of women organisations state branch yesterday.’
“We strongly oppose the scheme. We demand steps to provide the amount to the beneficiaries like the social benefit schemes including the old age pension and widow pension,” she said.
The AIDWA was also demanded 33 per cent reservation in the parliament and state assemblies for women candidates, food securities and employment guarantee to the women folks and to recognize the women who were working in unorganized sectors like volunteers.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?