Husband gets 10 yrs RI in dowry death case in Odisha
Balasore: A man has been sentenced to ten years` rigorous imprisonment by a local court for the death of his wife, who was torutered for years for failing to bring a TV set and motorbike in dowry.
Additional District Judge (Fast Track), Balasore, RK Sahu convicted Karunakar Jena of Garadipatana village yesterday and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000.
Jena had repeatedly tortured his wife Subhadra since their marriage in 2004 for failing to meet his dowry demands.
On May 28, 2007 Subhadra`s body was found hanging from a tree. A case was registered by the police the next day following a complaint by the woman`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...
- Angelina Jolie to teach masters course at London School of Economics!
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic