Husband gets 10 yrs RI in dowry death case in Odisha
Balasore: A man has been sentenced to ten years` rigorous imprisonment by a local court for the death of his wife, who was torutered for years for failing to bring a TV set and motorbike in dowry.
Additional District Judge (Fast Track), Balasore, RK Sahu convicted Karunakar Jena of Garadipatana village yesterday and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000.
Jena had repeatedly tortured his wife Subhadra since their marriage in 2004 for failing to meet his dowry demands.
On May 28, 2007 Subhadra`s body was found hanging from a tree. A case was registered by the police the next day following a complaint by the woman`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!