LS polls: Mayawati raises issues of blackmoney, corruption
Bhubaneswar: The Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati Sunday raked up the issue of black money stashed abroad in illegal accounts and said the money would have "solved the problems of our poverty and unemployment".
Addressing a rally here, she said a huge amount of black money was stashed abroad but neither the Congress, the Bharatiya Janata Party nor other parties at the centre made any efforts to bring it back.
"That money would have solved the problems of our poverty and unemployment," she said.
Highlighting the issue of corruption, Mayawati said corruption has increased manifold during the last few years in the country and it has hit the common man, the poor and the middle class.
Taking a dig at the right-wing parties and organisations over the issue of religious conversion, she said, "people of some opposition parties, especially those from the BJP and the RSS, visit here and motivate tribals and Dalits who have adopted Christianity to go for re-conversion".
"They say that the re-conversion will improve their social status and economic condition," she said.
"Changing religion will not improve your condition but changing the government both in the state and at the centre will," the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'