Three tiffin-bombs planted by Maoists seized in Odisha
Nuapada: Three powerful tiffin bombs planted by suspected Maoists were detected by security personnel engaged in combing operations in Odisha`s Naxal-hit Nuapada district.
The personnel from the District Voluntary Force and the elite Special Operation Group were carrying out the operation in the Dharambandha area yesterday when they stumbled upon the explosives buried on the road between Bharuamunda and Lodra, about 20 km from here, SP Umashankar Das said.
"With the timely seizure of the powerful explosives, a major tragedy has been averted," the SP said.
The bomb disposal squad of the police rushed to the area, spotted the bombs, each weighing six kg and kept in separate containers, and successfully defused them, he said.
The Dharmabandha police outpost was in the news recently after its assistant sub-inspector of police Kruparam Majhi was abducted and shot dead by the ultras on May 8.
The combing operation has been intensified in the area after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah