"Very concerned" over Pipili rape incident: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: Under attack from different
quarters over the alleged rape and attempt to murder of a
dalit girl at Pipili, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said he was "very concerned" about the incident.
Patnaik`s statement in this regard came a day after the
National Commission for Women (NCW) blamed the state`s police
for "failing" to lodge a timely FIR in the alleged incident.
"We are very much concerned about the victim," Patnaik
told reporters adding that four suspected persons had so far
been arrested and a judicial inquiry has been ordered into the
Claiming that the girl was being provided with the best of
treatment available in the state, Patnaik said the state
government had been in touch with the specialists at AIIMS,
Delhi for the better medical care of the 19-year-old
girl presently struggling for survival at the ICU of SCB
Medical College Hospital in Cuttack.
While the girl was allegedly raped and an attempt to
kill her had been made on November 28, 2011, the police
registered a case on January 9, 2012 on direction of the
State Human Rights Commission.
The girl who had sustained injury on her neck due to a
strangulation bid, was not provided required treatment at
three different government hospitals till Orissa High Court
intervened in the matter.
The NCW, in its statement yesterday stressed that
medical evidence should be collected without any delay
followed with immediate disciplinary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations