1984 riots: Sikh hardliners demand credible probe
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday requested British Premier David Cameron to prevail upon his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh to ensure a time-bound probe by an international agency into the 1984 riots.
In a statement here, Dal Khalsa head HS Dhami referred to what he said Cameron`s "tough conversation" with Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa with regard to "rights abuses" in the last phase of the war against LTTE and said "what applies to Sri Lanka, applies to India too".
"Applying the same yardstick, we request you to prevail upon Manmohan Singh to ensure an independent and time-bound international inquiry into the 1984 killings," the Sikh hardliner said.
Cameron had set a deadline of March for Sri Lanka to set up an independent probe commission failing which, the Premier said, he will move the UN Human Rights Commission seeking an "international probe" into alleged rights abuses in the last phase of the war against LTTE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof