Badal for uniformity in academic activities of the universities
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal directed all the three universities of the state to work in coordination with the government`s higher education development programme to bring uniformity in their academic activities across the state.
Badal was presiding over a high level meeting with the Vice-Chancellors (VCs) of the three universities and the senior officers of the Education department here, an official release said on Sunday.
Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka besides the vice chancellors- Jaspal Singh of Punjabi University, Patiala, Ajaib Singh Brar of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Arun Kumar Grover of Panjab University, Chandigarh were present in the meeting.
Badal asked the Universities to adopt a uniform pattern of semester system, curriculum and choice based credit system along with similar admission procedures in all the varsities that would facilitate the students in case they migrate from one university to another.
He also asked the VCs for completely adopting online admission and fee deposit system to avoid undue harassment to the students seeking admission in particular college or university.
Badal also directed the Principal Secretary, Higher Education to chalk out a comprehensive plan in coordination with all the Universities for imparting free higher education, including hostel and other facilities for the poor students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Gold price slumps by Rs 370 to 6-week low of Rs 29,200 per ten grams
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Childhood fitness cuts heart disease risks in adulthood
- Flipkart irks IIM Ahmedabad over delayed joining date, offers poor compensation for late joining
- Acting gives me a kick: Radhika Apte