Badal for uniformity in academic activities of the universities
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal directed all the three universities of the state to work in coordination with the government`s higher education development programme to bring uniformity in their academic activities across the state.
Badal was presiding over a high level meeting with the Vice-Chancellors (VCs) of the three universities and the senior officers of the Education department here, an official release said on Sunday.
Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka besides the vice chancellors- Jaspal Singh of Punjabi University, Patiala, Ajaib Singh Brar of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Arun Kumar Grover of Panjab University, Chandigarh were present in the meeting.
Badal asked the Universities to adopt a uniform pattern of semester system, curriculum and choice based credit system along with similar admission procedures in all the varsities that would facilitate the students in case they migrate from one university to another.
He also asked the VCs for completely adopting online admission and fee deposit system to avoid undue harassment to the students seeking admission in particular college or university.
Badal also directed the Principal Secretary, Higher Education to chalk out a comprehensive plan in coordination with all the Universities for imparting free higher education, including hostel and other facilities for the poor students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured