Badal for uniformity in academic activities of the universities
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal directed all the three universities of the state to work in coordination with the government`s higher education development programme to bring uniformity in their academic activities across the state.
Badal was presiding over a high level meeting with the Vice-Chancellors (VCs) of the three universities and the senior officers of the Education department here, an official release said on Sunday.
Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka besides the vice chancellors- Jaspal Singh of Punjabi University, Patiala, Ajaib Singh Brar of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Arun Kumar Grover of Panjab University, Chandigarh were present in the meeting.
Badal asked the Universities to adopt a uniform pattern of semester system, curriculum and choice based credit system along with similar admission procedures in all the varsities that would facilitate the students in case they migrate from one university to another.
He also asked the VCs for completely adopting online admission and fee deposit system to avoid undue harassment to the students seeking admission in particular college or university.
Badal also directed the Principal Secretary, Higher Education to chalk out a comprehensive plan in coordination with all the Universities for imparting free higher education, including hostel and other facilities for the poor students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble