BSF kills Pak national in Punjab, finds heroin
Chandigarh: The Border Security Force (BSF) claimed to have gunned down a Pakistani and seized 13 kg of heroin, fake currency and some weapons along Punjab`s border with Pakistan Thursday morning.
The incident took place in Khem Karan sector. The identity of the intruder is being established, BSF officials said.
The officials said the recovered heroin was worth Rs.65 crore in the international market. The consignment was packed in 13 packets of one kg each.
BSF also found fake currency worth Rs.500,000 near the border. Other recoveries included a pistol and some ammunition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday