BSF kills Pak national in Punjab, finds heroin
Chandigarh: The Border Security Force (BSF) claimed to have gunned down a Pakistani and seized 13 kg of heroin, fake currency and some weapons along Punjab`s border with Pakistan Thursday morning.
The incident took place in Khem Karan sector. The identity of the intruder is being established, BSF officials said.
The officials said the recovered heroin was worth Rs.65 crore in the international market. The consignment was packed in 13 packets of one kg each.
BSF also found fake currency worth Rs.500,000 near the border. Other recoveries included a pistol and some ammunition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?