Chandigarh KV student wins `Doodle4Google` contest
New Delhi: Arun Kumar Yadav, a ninth standard student of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Chandigarh, has won the contest to design a `Doodle4Google` for the Children`s Day this year.
`Doodle4Google` is a logo to celebrate holidays, anniversaries, and the lives of famous artists, pioneers, and scientists. For the Children`s Day`s logo, the search giant conducted an open competition for students of class 1 to 10 across the country.
This year`s theme `Unity in Diversity` saw more than 2,00,000 entries from more than 1,000 schools, Google said.
Yadav`s design was chosen from 13 final entries. His design brings to the fore India`s rich diversity through his drawings depicting sports, folk culture flora and fauna; agricultural practices and spices and cuisines.
The entries were judged by actor Boman Irani and political cartoonist Ajit Ninan.
"It is a great platform for youngsters in the country to showcase their talent.
Over the years, the response has only grown. The number of entries has doubled to 200,000 and the number of cities these came from has grown to 60," Google India Managing Director Rajan Anandan said.
A majority of the entries came from non-metros, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you