Dalit girl raped in Punjab
Moga (Pb): A minor Dalit girl was on Monday allegedly abducted and raped by a youth in the Ghalkalan village, 7 km from here today, police said.
The 12-year-old victim was recovered within five hours after registration of the case by her parents.
However, the accused Mangat Singh managed to escape after seeing the police, leaving the girl on the Moga-Ferozepur road, where he raped her.
The victim was admitted to civil hospital where her condition was stated to be stable.
Police is conducting searches to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves