Dalit girl raped in Punjab
Moga (Pb): A minor Dalit girl was on Monday allegedly abducted and raped by a youth in the Ghalkalan village, 7 km from here today, police said.
The 12-year-old victim was recovered within five hours after registration of the case by her parents.
However, the accused Mangat Singh managed to escape after seeing the police, leaving the girl on the Moga-Ferozepur road, where he raped her.
The victim was admitted to civil hospital where her condition was stated to be stable.
Police is conducting searches to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees