Fire in agriculture field, crops destroyed
Amritsar: A fire broke out in 500 acres of agriculture field in a village on the outskirts of the city on Sunday, destroying crops and damaging tubewell motors.
The fire erupted in village Chabba causing financial loss to farmers.
Several tubewell motors and heavy electric cables were damaged in the fire, officials said.
A number of farmer organisations have demanded adequate compensation for damaged crops and related infrastructure.
According to the district administration, stubble burning sparked the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'