Fire in agriculture field, crops destroyed
Amritsar: A fire broke out in 500 acres of agriculture field in a village on the outskirts of the city on Sunday, destroying crops and damaging tubewell motors.
The fire erupted in village Chabba causing financial loss to farmers.
Several tubewell motors and heavy electric cables were damaged in the fire, officials said.
A number of farmer organisations have demanded adequate compensation for damaged crops and related infrastructure.
According to the district administration, stubble burning sparked the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand