Fire in agriculture field, crops destroyed
Amritsar: A fire broke out in 500 acres of agriculture field in a village on the outskirts of the city on Sunday, destroying crops and damaging tubewell motors.
The fire erupted in village Chabba causing financial loss to farmers.
Several tubewell motors and heavy electric cables were damaged in the fire, officials said.
A number of farmer organisations have demanded adequate compensation for damaged crops and related infrastructure.
According to the district administration, stubble burning sparked the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Peru president elect eyes house arrest for Fujimori
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Snapdeal Monsoon sale kicks off; get upto 60% discount
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland