Fire in agriculture field, crops destroyed
Amritsar: A fire broke out in 500 acres of agriculture field in a village on the outskirts of the city on Sunday, destroying crops and damaging tubewell motors.
The fire erupted in village Chabba causing financial loss to farmers.
Several tubewell motors and heavy electric cables were damaged in the fire, officials said.
A number of farmer organisations have demanded adequate compensation for damaged crops and related infrastructure.
According to the district administration, stubble burning sparked the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?