Fire in agriculture field, crops destroyed
Amritsar: A fire broke out in 500 acres of agriculture field in a village on the outskirts of the city on Sunday, destroying crops and damaging tubewell motors.
The fire erupted in village Chabba causing financial loss to farmers.
Several tubewell motors and heavy electric cables were damaged in the fire, officials said.
A number of farmer organisations have demanded adequate compensation for damaged crops and related infrastructure.
According to the district administration, stubble burning sparked the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai