Ryan Harris backed Australia to mount a successful defence of the Ashes without him after announcing his retirement from all cricket just four days before the start of the first Test against England.
Australia`s fast bowlers warmed up for next week`s first Test against England by seeing the tourists to a 169-run win over Essex in their final warm-up match on Sunday after Ryan Harris announced his retirement.
Umpire Chris Gaffaney is confident his experience of dealing with `domestics` as a policeman will stand him in good stead when it comes to maintaining order between England and Australia during the upcoming Ashes series.
England pace bowler Steven Finn has learnt his lessons after a dramatic loss of form and is ready to make "another debut" if he is selected for the first test against Australia next week.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes has promised not to take a backward step when he faces Australia again in the upcoming Ashes series.
New coach Trevor Bayliss has told England they must "fight fire with fire" if they are to regain the Ashes from his native Australia.
Australia wicket-keeper Brad Haddin has insisted there will be no changes in his on-field approach despite calls for an end to `sledging` during the upcoming Ashes series against England.
Uncapped Yorkshire leg-spinner Adil Rashid and Middlesex fast bowler Steven Finn were both called into a 13-man England squad announced Wednesday for next week`s first Ashes Test against Australia in Cardiff.
Australian speedster Ryan Harris failed his fitness test on Wednesday before Australia's four-day tour match against Essex. The latest setback, in an injury prone career, means that the 35-year-old is effectively out of the first Ashes test against host England starting July 8.
Daniel Bell-Drummond`s sparkling hundred for Kent could not prevent Australia winning the opening match of their Ashes tour by 255 runs at Canterbury on Sunday.
Mitchell Marsh outshone Shane Watson as the two all-rounders vied for an Ashes place during Australia`s tour opener against Kent at Canterbury on Saturday.
Mitchell Johnson gave England a reminder of what they can expect in the upcoming Ashes series with three wickets in Australia`s tour opener against Kent on Friday.
Steven Smith gave another indication of just how far he has come in eight years with a century for Australia against Kent in the Ashes tour opener at Canterbury on Friday.
Uncapped Derbyshire left-arm paceman Mark Footitt was included in England`s 14-man squad announced Thursday for a pre-Ashes training camp in Spain.
Australia legend Glenn McGrath on Thursday nominated a pair of young guns he expects to shine at the upcoming Ashes which is set to begin from July 8, namely pacer Josh Hazlewood and England batsman Joe Root.
Ashes might be almost a year away, but verbal volleys have begun with Australian coach Darren Lehmann challenging England to produce the same green, seaming pitches they used to beat India when his team visits the `Old Blighty` next year.
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 17th February, 2017
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- DNA: Analysing 2005 Delhi serial blasts verdict
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- DNA: Analysing ICC’s new revenue and governance model
- DNA: How Donald Trump attacks media at press conference
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- Give us 'solid evidence' and will back Masood Azhar ban, says China ahead of talks with India
- IPL 2017: Steve Smith replaces MS Dhoni as captain of Rising Pune Supergiants
- RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch