Ryan Harris backed Australia to mount a successful defence of the Ashes without him after announcing his retirement from all cricket just four days before the start of the first Test against England.
Australia`s fast bowlers warmed up for next week`s first Test against England by seeing the tourists to a 169-run win over Essex in their final warm-up match on Sunday after Ryan Harris announced his retirement.
Umpire Chris Gaffaney is confident his experience of dealing with `domestics` as a policeman will stand him in good stead when it comes to maintaining order between England and Australia during the upcoming Ashes series.
England pace bowler Steven Finn has learnt his lessons after a dramatic loss of form and is ready to make "another debut" if he is selected for the first test against Australia next week.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes has promised not to take a backward step when he faces Australia again in the upcoming Ashes series.
New coach Trevor Bayliss has told England they must "fight fire with fire" if they are to regain the Ashes from his native Australia.
Australia wicket-keeper Brad Haddin has insisted there will be no changes in his on-field approach despite calls for an end to `sledging` during the upcoming Ashes series against England.
Uncapped Yorkshire leg-spinner Adil Rashid and Middlesex fast bowler Steven Finn were both called into a 13-man England squad announced Wednesday for next week`s first Ashes Test against Australia in Cardiff.
Australian speedster Ryan Harris failed his fitness test on Wednesday before Australia's four-day tour match against Essex. The latest setback, in an injury prone career, means that the 35-year-old is effectively out of the first Ashes test against host England starting July 8.
Daniel Bell-Drummond`s sparkling hundred for Kent could not prevent Australia winning the opening match of their Ashes tour by 255 runs at Canterbury on Sunday.
Mitchell Marsh outshone Shane Watson as the two all-rounders vied for an Ashes place during Australia`s tour opener against Kent at Canterbury on Saturday.
Mitchell Johnson gave England a reminder of what they can expect in the upcoming Ashes series with three wickets in Australia`s tour opener against Kent on Friday.
Steven Smith gave another indication of just how far he has come in eight years with a century for Australia against Kent in the Ashes tour opener at Canterbury on Friday.
Uncapped Derbyshire left-arm paceman Mark Footitt was included in England`s 14-man squad announced Thursday for a pre-Ashes training camp in Spain.
Australia legend Glenn McGrath on Thursday nominated a pair of young guns he expects to shine at the upcoming Ashes which is set to begin from July 8, namely pacer Josh Hazlewood and England batsman Joe Root.
Ashes might be almost a year away, but verbal volleys have begun with Australian coach Darren Lehmann challenging England to produce the same green, seaming pitches they used to beat India when his team visits the `Old Blighty` next year.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- DNA: Today in History, 25 March 2017
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to nurture and enhance talent?
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- IPS officer, who had tweeted that Adityanath govt `targeting` Yadav cops, suspended
- Two orphans from Rajasthan discover Rs 96,000 in demonetised notes at home, urge PM Narendra Modi for help
- Watch Video: Ravindra Jadeja's gives BRILLIANT answer to Matt Renshaw sledging!
- LIVE Cricket Score, Ind vs Aus, 4th Test, Day 3, Dharamsala – Australia lose 5 on stroke of Tea as spinners take charge
- Collective brain fade: Australians celebrate Mathew Wade fifty little too early, then sulk — WATCH
- Yogi Adityanath talks tough, says 'those who support criminals have option of leaving UP'