Ryan Harris backed Australia to mount a successful defence of the Ashes without him after announcing his retirement from all cricket just four days before the start of the first Test against England.
Australia`s fast bowlers warmed up for next week`s first Test against England by seeing the tourists to a 169-run win over Essex in their final warm-up match on Sunday after Ryan Harris announced his retirement.
Umpire Chris Gaffaney is confident his experience of dealing with `domestics` as a policeman will stand him in good stead when it comes to maintaining order between England and Australia during the upcoming Ashes series.
England pace bowler Steven Finn has learnt his lessons after a dramatic loss of form and is ready to make "another debut" if he is selected for the first test against Australia next week.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes has promised not to take a backward step when he faces Australia again in the upcoming Ashes series.
New coach Trevor Bayliss has told England they must "fight fire with fire" if they are to regain the Ashes from his native Australia.
Australia wicket-keeper Brad Haddin has insisted there will be no changes in his on-field approach despite calls for an end to `sledging` during the upcoming Ashes series against England.
Uncapped Yorkshire leg-spinner Adil Rashid and Middlesex fast bowler Steven Finn were both called into a 13-man England squad announced Wednesday for next week`s first Ashes Test against Australia in Cardiff.
Australian speedster Ryan Harris failed his fitness test on Wednesday before Australia's four-day tour match against Essex. The latest setback, in an injury prone career, means that the 35-year-old is effectively out of the first Ashes test against host England starting July 8.
Daniel Bell-Drummond`s sparkling hundred for Kent could not prevent Australia winning the opening match of their Ashes tour by 255 runs at Canterbury on Sunday.
Mitchell Marsh outshone Shane Watson as the two all-rounders vied for an Ashes place during Australia`s tour opener against Kent at Canterbury on Saturday.
Mitchell Johnson gave England a reminder of what they can expect in the upcoming Ashes series with three wickets in Australia`s tour opener against Kent on Friday.
Steven Smith gave another indication of just how far he has come in eight years with a century for Australia against Kent in the Ashes tour opener at Canterbury on Friday.
Uncapped Derbyshire left-arm paceman Mark Footitt was included in England`s 14-man squad announced Thursday for a pre-Ashes training camp in Spain.
Australia legend Glenn McGrath on Thursday nominated a pair of young guns he expects to shine at the upcoming Ashes which is set to begin from July 8, namely pacer Josh Hazlewood and England batsman Joe Root.
Ashes might be almost a year away, but verbal volleys have begun with Australian coach Darren Lehmann challenging England to produce the same green, seaming pitches they used to beat India when his team visits the `Old Blighty` next year.
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- India pulls out of SAARC summit in Islamabad
- Pakistan media praises Sushma Swaraj's speech in UNGA
- DNA: Today in History, 27th September, 2016
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Delhi Health Minister Satyandra Jain under income tax scanner
- DNA: Analyzing the reality of stone pelters and separatist in Kashmir Part-II
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHOCKING! Tannishtha Chatterjee walks out of 'Comedy Nights Bachao' over racist jokes
- Must watch video! This is how young Indian envoy silenced Pakistan at the United Nations
- 'Pakistan can’t take Narendra Modi’s restraint for granted for long'