Fog blinds Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Dense fog enveloped many parts of
Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Wednesday affecting normal life even as bitter cold persisted in the region.
Fog affected normal movement of trains passing through
the two states and many were delayed by hours, railway sources
said. It reduced visibility at Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala and
Jalandhar while in Haryana, it prevailed in Rohtak, Karnal,
Ambala, Panipat and Kurukshetra.
Visibility levels also dropped due to fog for the second day today in Chandigarh, where the minimum temperature settled at 6.2 degree Celsius.
Amritsar continued to be the coldest place in the two
states recording a minimum temperature of 3.4 degree Celsius,
the MeT Office said here.
Ludhiana, too, experienced a cold night at 5 degree Celsius, down one while Patiala was even colder at 4.6 degree Celsius.
In Haryana, cold weather prevailed in Hisar, where the
minimum was 3.9 degree Celsius, down one degree. Rohtak was
also cold at 5.6 degree Celsius while Karnal and Ambala
recorded identical minimums at 5.8 degree Celsius.
The MeT has forecast that fog will again occur in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion