Fog blinds Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Dense fog enveloped many parts of
Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Wednesday affecting normal life even as bitter cold persisted in the region.
Fog affected normal movement of trains passing through
the two states and many were delayed by hours, railway sources
said. It reduced visibility at Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala and
Jalandhar while in Haryana, it prevailed in Rohtak, Karnal,
Ambala, Panipat and Kurukshetra.
Visibility levels also dropped due to fog for the second day today in Chandigarh, where the minimum temperature settled at 6.2 degree Celsius.
Amritsar continued to be the coldest place in the two
states recording a minimum temperature of 3.4 degree Celsius,
the MeT Office said here.
Ludhiana, too, experienced a cold night at 5 degree Celsius, down one while Patiala was even colder at 4.6 degree Celsius.
In Haryana, cold weather prevailed in Hisar, where the
minimum was 3.9 degree Celsius, down one degree. Rohtak was
also cold at 5.6 degree Celsius while Karnal and Ambala
recorded identical minimums at 5.8 degree Celsius.
The MeT has forecast that fog will again occur in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row