Fog blinds Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Dense fog enveloped many parts of
Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Wednesday affecting normal life even as bitter cold persisted in the region.
Fog affected normal movement of trains passing through
the two states and many were delayed by hours, railway sources
said. It reduced visibility at Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala and
Jalandhar while in Haryana, it prevailed in Rohtak, Karnal,
Ambala, Panipat and Kurukshetra.
Visibility levels also dropped due to fog for the second day today in Chandigarh, where the minimum temperature settled at 6.2 degree Celsius.
Amritsar continued to be the coldest place in the two
states recording a minimum temperature of 3.4 degree Celsius,
the MeT Office said here.
Ludhiana, too, experienced a cold night at 5 degree Celsius, down one while Patiala was even colder at 4.6 degree Celsius.
In Haryana, cold weather prevailed in Hisar, where the
minimum was 3.9 degree Celsius, down one degree. Rohtak was
also cold at 5.6 degree Celsius while Karnal and Ambala
recorded identical minimums at 5.8 degree Celsius.
The MeT has forecast that fog will again occur in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi