Goods train derails near Ambala, rail traffic hit
Ambala: Four wagons of a goods train Thursday
derailed near the Ambala Cantt railway station here affecting movement of trains, officials said.
The goods train laden with coal was proceeding to
Bathinda in Punjab when suddenly its wagons came off the track
Among the trains which were held up for over an hour
included New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi Express.
The traffic had been restored and the derailed coaches
had been put back on the track, Divisional Railways Manager,
Northern Railways, Ambala, P K Sanghi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed