Goods train derails near Ambala, rail traffic hit
Ambala: Four wagons of a goods train Thursday
derailed near the Ambala Cantt railway station here affecting movement of trains, officials said.
The goods train laden with coal was proceeding to
Bathinda in Punjab when suddenly its wagons came off the track
Among the trains which were held up for over an hour
included New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi Express.
The traffic had been restored and the derailed coaches
had been put back on the track, Divisional Railways Manager,
Northern Railways, Ambala, P K Sanghi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends