Heat wave to continue in Punjab, Haryana for 2 day
Chandigarh: Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh continued to sizzle Thursday even as the weather department predicted that heat wave to severe heat wave conditions may prevail in the states for the next two days.
Amritsar and Ludhiana in Punjab and Hisar and Bhiwani in Haryana have been reeling under severe heat conditions with temperatures hovering between 45-47 degrees Celsius in the past few days.
In Punjab, Jalandhar, Ferozepur, Gurdaspur and Pathankot, too, have been experiencing extreme heat.
In Haryana also, blistering weather continued unabated in Hisar, Bhiwani, Narnaul, Karnal and Ambala, among other places.
Chandigarh has been reeling under the hot weather conditions for over a week. It yesterday recorded the season`s highest maximum so far at 43.5 deg C.
According to MeT Department sources, the maximum temperatures across the two states are set to hover between 42 and 46 degrees Celsius.
The Department has forecast that heat wave to severe heat wave conditions may continue in some parts of Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
Meanwhile, though the unrelenting heat has forced some schools in the region to declare summer vacations, majority of schools across the two states and Chandigarh are still functioning. At some places, schools have changed their timing.
However, despite this some parents are worried, pointing out that children are vulnerable to the harsh weather.
"We want that the government should order closure of all the schools immediately in view of the severe heat wave. The children are vulnerable and can fall ill easily in this weather," said a worried parent, whose daughter studies in a private school in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says