Heat wave to continue in Punjab, Haryana for 2 day
Chandigarh: Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh continued to sizzle Thursday even as the weather department predicted that heat wave to severe heat wave conditions may prevail in the states for the next two days.
Amritsar and Ludhiana in Punjab and Hisar and Bhiwani in Haryana have been reeling under severe heat conditions with temperatures hovering between 45-47 degrees Celsius in the past few days.
In Punjab, Jalandhar, Ferozepur, Gurdaspur and Pathankot, too, have been experiencing extreme heat.
In Haryana also, blistering weather continued unabated in Hisar, Bhiwani, Narnaul, Karnal and Ambala, among other places.
Chandigarh has been reeling under the hot weather conditions for over a week. It yesterday recorded the season`s highest maximum so far at 43.5 deg C.
According to MeT Department sources, the maximum temperatures across the two states are set to hover between 42 and 46 degrees Celsius.
The Department has forecast that heat wave to severe heat wave conditions may continue in some parts of Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
Meanwhile, though the unrelenting heat has forced some schools in the region to declare summer vacations, majority of schools across the two states and Chandigarh are still functioning. At some places, schools have changed their timing.
However, despite this some parents are worried, pointing out that children are vulnerable to the harsh weather.
"We want that the government should order closure of all the schools immediately in view of the severe heat wave. The children are vulnerable and can fall ill easily in this weather," said a worried parent, whose daughter studies in a private school in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark