Heavy rains lash Punjab, few places in Haryana
Chandigarh: Most places in Punjab on Saturday received moderate to heavy rains while a few places in Haryana also received pre-monsoon showers.
Hoshiarpur in Punjab received a heavy downpour (115 mm) followed by Kapurthala (100 mm), Gurdaspur (70 mm), Amritsar (27.8 mm), Ludhiana (2 mm), Fatehgarh Sahib (21 mm), Ferozepur (13 mm), Jalandhar (25 mm), Patiala (3 mm), Ropar (30 mm), Balachaur (31.2 m), Tarn Taran (12 mm), Mukerian (33 mm), Mohali (15 mm) and Khanna (20 mm), the weather office said.
Chandigarh, which had an overcast sky on Saturday, was lashed by 16.1 mm of rains.
In Haryana, Bhiwani, Panchkula, Ambala and Kalka were among those places which received showers.
The pre-monsoon showers during the past three days in the region have caused a dip in temperatures and bringing cheer to the farmers. The power situation in the state has also improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon