Heavy rains lash Punjab, few places in Haryana
Chandigarh: Most places in Punjab on Saturday received moderate to heavy rains while a few places in Haryana also received pre-monsoon showers.
Hoshiarpur in Punjab received a heavy downpour (115 mm) followed by Kapurthala (100 mm), Gurdaspur (70 mm), Amritsar (27.8 mm), Ludhiana (2 mm), Fatehgarh Sahib (21 mm), Ferozepur (13 mm), Jalandhar (25 mm), Patiala (3 mm), Ropar (30 mm), Balachaur (31.2 m), Tarn Taran (12 mm), Mukerian (33 mm), Mohali (15 mm) and Khanna (20 mm), the weather office said.
Chandigarh, which had an overcast sky on Saturday, was lashed by 16.1 mm of rains.
In Haryana, Bhiwani, Panchkula, Ambala and Kalka were among those places which received showers.
The pre-monsoon showers during the past three days in the region have caused a dip in temperatures and bringing cheer to the farmers. The power situation in the state has also improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea