Heavy rains lash Punjab, few places in Haryana
Chandigarh: Most places in Punjab on Saturday received moderate to heavy rains while a few places in Haryana also received pre-monsoon showers.
Hoshiarpur in Punjab received a heavy downpour (115 mm) followed by Kapurthala (100 mm), Gurdaspur (70 mm), Amritsar (27.8 mm), Ludhiana (2 mm), Fatehgarh Sahib (21 mm), Ferozepur (13 mm), Jalandhar (25 mm), Patiala (3 mm), Ropar (30 mm), Balachaur (31.2 m), Tarn Taran (12 mm), Mukerian (33 mm), Mohali (15 mm) and Khanna (20 mm), the weather office said.
Chandigarh, which had an overcast sky on Saturday, was lashed by 16.1 mm of rains.
In Haryana, Bhiwani, Panchkula, Ambala and Kalka were among those places which received showers.
The pre-monsoon showers during the past three days in the region have caused a dip in temperatures and bringing cheer to the farmers. The power situation in the state has also improved.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!