Justice Kaul is new Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana HC
New Delhi: Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul was on Friday elevated as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Justice Kaul (54) was serving as a Judge of the Delhi High Court.
His appointment will take effect from the day he assumes his new charge, a Law Ministry statement said here.
Enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council of Delhi in July, 1982, Justice Kaul practised in Delhi High Court mainly in commercial, civil, writ, original and companies jurisdictions.
After the elevation of Justice A K Sikri to the Supreme Court in April this year, Justice Jasbir Singh was officiating as the Chief Justice of the Chandigarh-based Punjab and Haryana High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested