Justice Kaul is new Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana HC
New Delhi: Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul was on Friday elevated as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Justice Kaul (54) was serving as a Judge of the Delhi High Court.
His appointment will take effect from the day he assumes his new charge, a Law Ministry statement said here.
Enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council of Delhi in July, 1982, Justice Kaul practised in Delhi High Court mainly in commercial, civil, writ, original and companies jurisdictions.
After the elevation of Justice A K Sikri to the Supreme Court in April this year, Justice Jasbir Singh was officiating as the Chief Justice of the Chandigarh-based Punjab and Haryana High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption