Justice Kaul is new Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana HC
New Delhi: Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul was on Friday elevated as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Justice Kaul (54) was serving as a Judge of the Delhi High Court.
His appointment will take effect from the day he assumes his new charge, a Law Ministry statement said here.
Enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council of Delhi in July, 1982, Justice Kaul practised in Delhi High Court mainly in commercial, civil, writ, original and companies jurisdictions.
After the elevation of Justice A K Sikri to the Supreme Court in April this year, Justice Jasbir Singh was officiating as the Chief Justice of the Chandigarh-based Punjab and Haryana High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef