Justice Kaul is new Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana HC
New Delhi: Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul was on Friday elevated as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Justice Kaul (54) was serving as a Judge of the Delhi High Court.
His appointment will take effect from the day he assumes his new charge, a Law Ministry statement said here.
Enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council of Delhi in July, 1982, Justice Kaul practised in Delhi High Court mainly in commercial, civil, writ, original and companies jurisdictions.
After the elevation of Justice A K Sikri to the Supreme Court in April this year, Justice Jasbir Singh was officiating as the Chief Justice of the Chandigarh-based Punjab and Haryana High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing