Life insurance firm ordered to pay 15K compensation in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: A private insurance firm has been directed by a consumer forum to pay compensation of Rs 15,000 to a complainant for harassment along with litigation costs of Rs 4,000.
The District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum (Mohali) in a decision yesterday held ICICI Prudential Life Insurance responsible for deficiency in service and failure to fulfill its obligation to its Amrik Singh Gill.
The forum also ordered the firm to pay Mohali-based Gill interest of Rs 912 at a rate of 9 per cent on Rs 50,000 for 74 days and refund the charges of Rs 68.88 which were deducted by the company as stamp duty.
The forum found that there were inconsistencies in the assurances made by an employee of the firm while selling an insurance policy, in January, 2012, and the policy document itself.
It also penalised the firm for delay in delivery of the policy document and observed that the details pertaining to the particulars of the complainant in the proposal form of the policy had been erroneously filled ? hinting at manipulation by the agent of the company.
The forum also found no justification in deduction of stamp duty charges by the company, saying that the proposal form, which was the basis of the policy, had never been submitted by the complainant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’