Need to take measures to check drugs menace in Punjab: KPS Gill
Moga: Expressing concern over the alarming increase in the inflow of drugs and narcotics in the state, former Punjab DGP K P S Gill said here that measures should be taken to check drug addiction among youths.
"There is a dire need to maintain peace in Punjab and also a need to take measures to check menace of drugs and narcotics among youths of the state," he said.
Gill also urged that drug mafia must be eliminated with a strong hand.
He said that several innocent people, police officers and jawans have sacrificed their lives due to which development of Punjab could be possible as a result of the peaceful environment.
Addressing a gathering at a cultural programme at village Talwandi Malhian in the district yesterday, Gill said that certain forces were still bent upon disturbing the hard won peace of the state.
"Such forces should be dealt with a strong hand," he said.
He said that the development and progress of the state could only be possible in a peaceful atmosphere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat