Need to take measures to check drugs menace in Punjab: KPS Gill
Moga: Expressing concern over the alarming increase in the inflow of drugs and narcotics in the state, former Punjab DGP K P S Gill said here that measures should be taken to check drug addiction among youths.
"There is a dire need to maintain peace in Punjab and also a need to take measures to check menace of drugs and narcotics among youths of the state," he said.
Gill also urged that drug mafia must be eliminated with a strong hand.
He said that several innocent people, police officers and jawans have sacrificed their lives due to which development of Punjab could be possible as a result of the peaceful environment.
Addressing a gathering at a cultural programme at village Talwandi Malhian in the district yesterday, Gill said that certain forces were still bent upon disturbing the hard won peace of the state.
"Such forces should be dealt with a strong hand," he said.
He said that the development and progress of the state could only be possible in a peaceful atmosphere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh