Need to take measures to check drugs menace in Punjab: KPS Gill
Moga: Expressing concern over the alarming increase in the inflow of drugs and narcotics in the state, former Punjab DGP K P S Gill said here that measures should be taken to check drug addiction among youths.
"There is a dire need to maintain peace in Punjab and also a need to take measures to check menace of drugs and narcotics among youths of the state," he said.
Gill also urged that drug mafia must be eliminated with a strong hand.
He said that several innocent people, police officers and jawans have sacrificed their lives due to which development of Punjab could be possible as a result of the peaceful environment.
Addressing a gathering at a cultural programme at village Talwandi Malhian in the district yesterday, Gill said that certain forces were still bent upon disturbing the hard won peace of the state.
"Such forces should be dealt with a strong hand," he said.
He said that the development and progress of the state could only be possible in a peaceful atmosphere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!