Need to take measures to check drugs menace in Punjab: KPS Gill
Moga: Expressing concern over the alarming increase in the inflow of drugs and narcotics in the state, former Punjab DGP K P S Gill said here that measures should be taken to check drug addiction among youths.
"There is a dire need to maintain peace in Punjab and also a need to take measures to check menace of drugs and narcotics among youths of the state," he said.
Gill also urged that drug mafia must be eliminated with a strong hand.
He said that several innocent people, police officers and jawans have sacrificed their lives due to which development of Punjab could be possible as a result of the peaceful environment.
Addressing a gathering at a cultural programme at village Talwandi Malhian in the district yesterday, Gill said that certain forces were still bent upon disturbing the hard won peace of the state.
"Such forces should be dealt with a strong hand," he said.
He said that the development and progress of the state could only be possible in a peaceful atmosphere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island