Pharmacist dismissed for stealing medicine from govt hospital
Chandigarh: Punjab Health and Family Welfare department today dismissed a pharmacist for allegedly stealing medicines from government hospital and selling them to private clinics.
The decision to dismiss Prem Sharn Bansal, who was posted at the office of civil surgeon, Roopnagar, came after the Vigilance Department registered a case against him.
The Vigilance Department seized medicines stolen from the hospital from his house in Kurali in July, an official spokesman said.
Health department officials have been directed by the authorities to ensure that such things do not happen in future and to keep a vigil on any such activity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket