Pharmacist dismissed for stealing medicine from govt hospital
Chandigarh: Punjab Health and Family Welfare department today dismissed a pharmacist for allegedly stealing medicines from government hospital and selling them to private clinics.
The decision to dismiss Prem Sharn Bansal, who was posted at the office of civil surgeon, Roopnagar, came after the Vigilance Department registered a case against him.
The Vigilance Department seized medicines stolen from the hospital from his house in Kurali in July, an official spokesman said.
Health department officials have been directed by the authorities to ensure that such things do not happen in future and to keep a vigil on any such activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth