Punjab govt extends registration date of travel agents
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Friday extended the date of registration for travel agents by a month to December 31. The date was to expire tomorrow.
To keep a tab on illegal activities by unscrupulous travel agents, the government had issued directions requiring the registration of travel agents, Emigration consultants and ticketing agents, Principal Secretary (Home) D S Bains said.
The directions come under the the Punjab Prevention of Human Smuggling Act, passed by the state assembly last year to prevent malpractices, including human trafficking and exploiting many innocent people through fraudulent activities by agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand