Punjab govt extends registration date of travel agents
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Friday extended the date of registration for travel agents by a month to December 31. The date was to expire tomorrow.
To keep a tab on illegal activities by unscrupulous travel agents, the government had issued directions requiring the registration of travel agents, Emigration consultants and ticketing agents, Principal Secretary (Home) D S Bains said.
The directions come under the the Punjab Prevention of Human Smuggling Act, passed by the state assembly last year to prevent malpractices, including human trafficking and exploiting many innocent people through fraudulent activities by agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter