Punjab govt extends registration date of travel agents
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Friday extended the date of registration for travel agents by a month to December 31. The date was to expire tomorrow.
To keep a tab on illegal activities by unscrupulous travel agents, the government had issued directions requiring the registration of travel agents, Emigration consultants and ticketing agents, Principal Secretary (Home) D S Bains said.
The directions come under the the Punjab Prevention of Human Smuggling Act, passed by the state assembly last year to prevent malpractices, including human trafficking and exploiting many innocent people through fraudulent activities by agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral