Punjab govt extends registration date of travel agents
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Friday extended the date of registration for travel agents by a month to December 31. The date was to expire tomorrow.
To keep a tab on illegal activities by unscrupulous travel agents, the government had issued directions requiring the registration of travel agents, Emigration consultants and ticketing agents, Principal Secretary (Home) D S Bains said.
The directions come under the the Punjab Prevention of Human Smuggling Act, passed by the state assembly last year to prevent malpractices, including human trafficking and exploiting many innocent people through fraudulent activities by agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly