Punjab govt extends registration date of travel agents
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Friday extended the date of registration for travel agents by a month to December 31. The date was to expire tomorrow.
To keep a tab on illegal activities by unscrupulous travel agents, the government had issued directions requiring the registration of travel agents, Emigration consultants and ticketing agents, Principal Secretary (Home) D S Bains said.
The directions come under the the Punjab Prevention of Human Smuggling Act, passed by the state assembly last year to prevent malpractices, including human trafficking and exploiting many innocent people through fraudulent activities by agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown