Railgate: BJP holds protest in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: BJP activists Tuesday held a protest here demanding resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew for allegedly taking bribe to get a plum posting for an official.
Heavy police deployment had been made outside the CBI office here, where activists including those from the BJP`s youth wing BJYM had gathered to protest.
Some activists also clashed with police while trying to cross the barricades that were put up near the CBI office.
Raising anti-Congress and anti-UPA government slogans, the protesters held party flags and placards saying the Central government has been hit by a number of scams and it has lost the moral right to stay in power.
The local unit of BJP had held similar protests outside Bansal`s residence here after his nephew was nabbed by the CBI here last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding