Rains bring down temperatures in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Large parts of Punjab and Haryana, including Chandigarh, on Tuesday received rains, bringing down temperatures.
Chandigarh was hit by a dust storm in the afternoon followed by showers, which brought down the maximum temperature to 33.3 deg C, six degrees below normal, the MeT department said here.
Ambala in Haryana also received light showers and the maximum there settled at 35 deg C, it said.
Karnal`s maximum dropped by six notches below normal to settle at 32 deg C after light rains, MeT said.
The maximum temperatures at Hisar and Bhiwani were recorded at 37.8 deg C and 35.8 deg C respectively, both down by two notches.
Amritsar in Punjab was lashed by heavy showers (40 mm) in the late afternoon, but scorching heat prevailed during the day, with maximum settling at 42.6 deg C, three notches above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala were also lashed by rains and the respective below-normal maximums in the two towns settled at 34.9 deg C and 32.7 deg C.
The MeT has forecast possibility of more rains at a few places in the two states tomorrow as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda