Rains elude Punjab, Haryana; Day temperatures stay above normal
Chandigarh: In the absence of rains, maximum temperatures hovered above normal levels across Punjab and Haryana today.
With rains eluding most parts of the two states for the past several days, maximum temepratures settled two to four notches above normal.
The Union Territory of Chandigarh recorded a high of 35.8 degrees celsius, three notches above normal, the weather office said.
In Haryana, Hisar experienced sultry weather recording a high of 36.2 deg C as the maximum in Ambala settled at 35.4 deg C, two notches above normal.
In Punjab, the maximum in Amritsar touched 36.3 deg C, two notches above normal, and in Ludhiana 35.5 deg C.
Patiala recorded a high of 36.7 deg C, four notches above normal.
Light to moderate rains will occur at a few places in Haryana and Punjab in the next couple of days, the Met office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met