Rains elude Punjab, Haryana; Day temperatures stay above normal
Chandigarh: In the absence of rains, maximum temperatures hovered above normal levels across Punjab and Haryana today.
With rains eluding most parts of the two states for the past several days, maximum temepratures settled two to four notches above normal.
The Union Territory of Chandigarh recorded a high of 35.8 degrees celsius, three notches above normal, the weather office said.
In Haryana, Hisar experienced sultry weather recording a high of 36.2 deg C as the maximum in Ambala settled at 35.4 deg C, two notches above normal.
In Punjab, the maximum in Amritsar touched 36.3 deg C, two notches above normal, and in Ludhiana 35.5 deg C.
Patiala recorded a high of 36.7 deg C, four notches above normal.
Light to moderate rains will occur at a few places in Haryana and Punjab in the next couple of days, the Met office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre