Two Nari Niketan inmates found hanging
Karnal: Two girls, both inmates of Nari Niketan here, were found hanging inside the shelter home`s bathroom, police said Wednesday.
The girls, both stated to be around 17 years of age, were found hanging with a cloth from a water supply pipe inside the high-security shelter home, managed by the Department of Women and Child Welfare, yesterday.
The duo had allegedly escaped from the Nari Niketan on June 23 by scaling the wall, but were brought back the next day after being spotted at Kaithal district.
However, they were found missing again yesterday during the evening roll call.
They were later spotted hanging inside the bathroom after a search was launched by the staff to trace them out.
The bodies of the two, who hailed from Mahendergarh and Kaithal districts, had been sent for a postmortem examination and their families informed.
The district administration had ordered a probe to be conducted by a Sub Divisional Magistrate to ascertain the cause behind the deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review