Councillor throws garbage at colleague in Jaipur
Jaipur: In a new low, an independent
Municipal Councillor threw a pail of garbage at one of his
colleagues in the opposition to drive home his point on
unsanitary conditions in his area and was roundly thrashed by
the other lawmakers in return.
The ruckus broke out during the Budget Session of the
Jaipur Municipal Corporation when Congress backed Independent
Councillor Nawab Ali threw a full dustbin at BJP Councillor
and chairman of sanitary committee Roshan Lal Saini following
which several BJP Councillors thrashed Ali.
Marshals rushed in to control the situation and brought
Ali out of the House.
The independent councillor, who received mild injuries in
the scuffle, said that he was trying to draw attention of
Saini towards heaps of garbage, which had accumulated in his
ward for a long time, but the latter never paid attention.
"I have been asking the committee chairman to focus on
cleanliness in my ward for several months but he did not pay
attention so I opted this way to draw his attention," he said.
Meanwhile, Deputy Mayor Manish Pareek of BJP alleged
that Congress was behind this act and said that they will
complain against the councillor to the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'