Mahipal Maderna brought to Delhi by CBI
New Delhi: Sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal
Maderna, arrested in Bhanwari Devi abduction case, was brought
to Delhi on Suday by the CBI for further questioning in the case.
59-year old Maderna was arrested on Friday in Jodhpur by
the CBI along with Parasram Bishnoi, the brother of Congress
MLA Malkhan Singh, hours after it filed charge sheet against
three other arrested accused. He was sent to CBI custody till
December 9 by the Jodhpur court.
Agency sources said Maderna was moved to the national
capital for further questioning in the case. The CBI officials
had on Saturday alleged that they were being threatened.
Bhanwari, posted as an auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-
centre in Jaliwada village went missing on September 1 after a
CD allegedly showing Maderna in a compromising position with
her was circulated in political circle.
On the other hand, there is no information on the
whereabouts of Indra Bishnoi, sister of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi
and a key witness in the Bhanwari Devi case.
Maderna, who represents Osian Assembly constituency, was
sacked from the Cabinet on October 16 by Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot after his name cropped up in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt