Mahipal Maderna brought to Delhi by CBI
New Delhi: Sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal
Maderna, arrested in Bhanwari Devi abduction case, was brought
to Delhi on Suday by the CBI for further questioning in the case.
59-year old Maderna was arrested on Friday in Jodhpur by
the CBI along with Parasram Bishnoi, the brother of Congress
MLA Malkhan Singh, hours after it filed charge sheet against
three other arrested accused. He was sent to CBI custody till
December 9 by the Jodhpur court.
Agency sources said Maderna was moved to the national
capital for further questioning in the case. The CBI officials
had on Saturday alleged that they were being threatened.
Bhanwari, posted as an auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-
centre in Jaliwada village went missing on September 1 after a
CD allegedly showing Maderna in a compromising position with
her was circulated in political circle.
On the other hand, there is no information on the
whereabouts of Indra Bishnoi, sister of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi
and a key witness in the Bhanwari Devi case.
Maderna, who represents Osian Assembly constituency, was
sacked from the Cabinet on October 16 by Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot after his name cropped up in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi