Raj CM condemns Maoist attack on Cong leaders in Chhattisgarh
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot and state PCC chief Chandrabhan on Sunday condemned the Maoist attack on Congress leaders and workers in Chhattisgarh, describing it as an attack on democratic values.
"This is an act of cowardice and attack on democratic values," Gehlot said in a statement.
"Violence and terrorism have no place in democracy. The attack is also a big failure of BJP government of Chhattisgarh which failed to protect the Yatra," Chandrabhan said.
They also expressed grief over the death of senior party leader Mahendra Karma and other Congress workers while wishing speedy recovery to those who were injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!