Raj CM condemns Maoist attack on Cong leaders in Chhattisgarh
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot and state PCC chief Chandrabhan on Sunday condemned the Maoist attack on Congress leaders and workers in Chhattisgarh, describing it as an attack on democratic values.
"This is an act of cowardice and attack on democratic values," Gehlot said in a statement.
"Violence and terrorism have no place in democracy. The attack is also a big failure of BJP government of Chhattisgarh which failed to protect the Yatra," Chandrabhan said.
They also expressed grief over the death of senior party leader Mahendra Karma and other Congress workers while wishing speedy recovery to those who were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth