Raj CM condemns Maoist attack on Cong leaders in Chhattisgarh
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot and state PCC chief Chandrabhan on Sunday condemned the Maoist attack on Congress leaders and workers in Chhattisgarh, describing it as an attack on democratic values.
"This is an act of cowardice and attack on democratic values," Gehlot said in a statement.
"Violence and terrorism have no place in democracy. The attack is also a big failure of BJP government of Chhattisgarh which failed to protect the Yatra," Chandrabhan said.
They also expressed grief over the death of senior party leader Mahendra Karma and other Congress workers while wishing speedy recovery to those who were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!