Raj CM condemns Maoist attack on Cong leaders in Chhattisgarh
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot and state PCC chief Chandrabhan on Sunday condemned the Maoist attack on Congress leaders and workers in Chhattisgarh, describing it as an attack on democratic values.
"This is an act of cowardice and attack on democratic values," Gehlot said in a statement.
"Violence and terrorism have no place in democracy. The attack is also a big failure of BJP government of Chhattisgarh which failed to protect the Yatra," Chandrabhan said.
They also expressed grief over the death of senior party leader Mahendra Karma and other Congress workers while wishing speedy recovery to those who were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet