Raj CM condemns Maoist attack on Cong leaders in Chhattisgarh
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot and state PCC chief Chandrabhan on Sunday condemned the Maoist attack on Congress leaders and workers in Chhattisgarh, describing it as an attack on democratic values.
"This is an act of cowardice and attack on democratic values," Gehlot said in a statement.
"Violence and terrorism have no place in democracy. The attack is also a big failure of BJP government of Chhattisgarh which failed to protect the Yatra," Chandrabhan said.
They also expressed grief over the death of senior party leader Mahendra Karma and other Congress workers while wishing speedy recovery to those who were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray