Apple iWatch `at least three years away`, says supplier
London: Apple`s much-awaited gadget, iWatch, which would be a wearable version of the iPhone , is at least three years away, one of the suppliers of the tech giant has said.
The makers of Willow glass, a flexible material expected to be used in the Apple iWatch, said that their product is not ready for use in such a complex design.
Apple supplier Corning, developer of the glass, which can be made in a roll similar to newsprint, said the technology should be in use on simple products within a year, but not for anything as complicated as a wearable smartphone, the Telegraph reports.
The news is contrary to earlier reports, which suggested that the iWatch was an advanced stage of development and not far off heading into production.
Last month, unnamed insiders were cited as saying that a team of 100 Apple staff - headed by senior executives, had been assembled to work on the product, implying that the iWatch was "beyond the experimentation phase".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL