DNA evidence proves Bigfoot exists
London: While many people claim to have seen the Bigfoot, its existence has never been confirmed, except for a plethora of photos and footprints.
But now, even the sternest non-believer is sure to be convinced of its existence, as scientific evidence has provided an abundance of persuasion with the latest DNA evidence, the Daily Express reported.
A team of scientists - including experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology - have published the results of a five-year study of more than 100 DNA samples, claimed to be from the elusive Sasquatch.
The researchers concluded that they have sequenced three whole Bigfoot nuclear genomes, helping to prove that the legendary creature exists in North America, and is actually a human relative that arose 13,000 years ago.
The scientists speculate that the Bigfoot creature is a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens, with a novel primate species, giving it the species name Homo sapiens cognatus.
Dr Melba S. Ketchum, of DNA Diagnostics, and her colleagues analyzed 111 specimens during the study that were purported to be Sasquatch hair, blood, skin, and other tissue types.
Individuals at 34 different research sites in 14 US states and two Canadian provinces submitted samples for the study.
Dr Ketchum, whose work includes nearly 30 years in genetic research and forensics, said that the findings definitively prove the existence of a surviving Bigfoot in North America.
Speaking about what the next step should be following the findings, Dr Ketchum said she would like to see the creatures have "the same protections as any other human."
The scientist said the legendary beings should have "the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of their own happiness, meaning that they be left alone and not put under a microscope, not hunted, not harassed, not chased through the woods.
The results are published in the journal DeNovo Journal of Science.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30